Friday, November 19, 2010

Pick me up

I have had a shitty last week or so. I've been dealing with some drama in my life and on top of that I just found out Saturday that a good friend passed away, and then her birthday was Sunday. Dealing with all this stuff has really dragged me down so of course I turned to music and one of the songs in specific is Blacktooth Brigade's "Way of the World."

This song is that perfect here's-how-the-world-goes-but-that-doesn't-mean-you-have-to-like-it. It starts off slow and somber and explains how it's the way of the world and it will not end well for us. It then starts to dominate and show the anger everyone has when things aren't going well.

It's hard to do this song justice. The 7 minutes of domination, the sweet guitar riffs and solos, the fighter attitude in the lyrics, it all adds together to make one of my favorite songs. The way I feel when I listen to it is hard to put into words, but if it can help me through a time like this then it's definitely worth everyone checking out.

As always, support your local scene. And don't be afraid to have one of your favorite songs be from a band everyone else hasn't heard of.

No comments:

Post a Comment